Rising above it all... with God


 


  This hits close to home, I am sure many of you this topic hits close to home. A betrayal from a good friend, a loss of a job, or something personal that hits you hard every time you think about it. Well on this post let's talk about rising above. But not only rising above it all, but doing it with the strength of the Lord. The Holy Spirit guiding us to go above the storm just like the eagle when it spreads its wings.

 The eagle is a majestic creature that spreads its wings and lets the wind carry it above the storm. Now picture yourself like that eagle, rising above that storm; letting the wind take you as you spread your wings. Fly above the the storm my friends, because God is holding you in His right hand. He is sustaining you in all of your troubles, in all of your trials, God is with you and around you, no matter the circumstance.

Recently, I had a car accident, incredibly unexpected and totally my fault when it happened. At the time I was more worried about the driver in front of me than of myself. but all in all, the driver and I only sustained minor injuries from the incident. At that moment my life was upside down, not understanding God's plan. But mentioned in the title of my last post I just had to surrender and trust in His plan. So if you are going through a difficult time in your life now, just trust in Him. I did end up totaling my car and not having one for awhile, but the point is not the car or the accident, the point is that I had to learn to rise above a storm that hit me. That was just one example of a storm that I had to endure, there are many others but I wanted to touch on the most recent one.

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will be string like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired. Isaiah 40:31, NIV

This is one of my favorite verses in the bible, one that tells us to endure, that the strength of the Lord will lift us up and take us above the storm and let us pass unharmed. God is good and again will keep you in His almighty Hand. He will not let you go on your toughest moments but hold you through the process. He did with mine, and has never let me go. And He will never let you go either.


Many Blessings,

Melissa Meran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overcoming Fear and Trusting the Lord

The God who loves....